Emanuel Medical Center is a place where people come to get well. It is a place where we carry on the Christian tradition of caring for others. It is a place of hope and comfort. Emanuel is also a place where over 1,400 people earn a living to support their families.
Our employees and their families are important to us, and we are committed to providing the most comprehensive salary and benefits package possible.
The following is a brief summary of the many benefits we offer our employees:
- A comprehensive medical plan combining the best features of a Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) and a Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) and includes a nationwide provider network.
- A dental plan through Delta Dental, California's premier dental insurance program. Our plan includes diagnostic benefits, crowns and restorations, prosthodontics and orthodontia.
- A vision plan through VSP. Our plan includes annual exams, new lenses every plan year and frames every other year. There are also provisions for contact lenses.
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program that includes personal and family counseling, financial planning, legal advice and numerous other services.
Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Care Pre-Tax Flexible Spending Account.
- Dependent Care Pre-Tax Flexible Spending Account.
- Enrollment in a 100% employer funded retirement plan after reaching age 25 with one year of service. This is a traditional pension plan, often referred to as a defined benefit plan. Benefits are based on average salary and years of service.
- Eligibility to enroll in a pre-tax savings plan, referred to as a 403(b) plan.
Life and Disability Insurance Benefits
- Employer provided life insurance at 1 ½ times annual salary for full-time employees.
- Voluntary benefits at special group rates including life, accidental death and dismemberment, short term disability, cancer insurance, long term care insurance and accident insurance.
Paid Time Off and Disability Leave Benefits
- A flexible program combining vacation, holidays and sick days which allows employees the flexibility to use paid time off in a manner that best fits their needs.
- Disability leave program that provides additional coverage during extended absences due to illness or injury.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Fitness facility discounts.
- Recreational and employee recognition events.
- Electronic payroll direct deposit.